Thursday, March 10, 2011

THE CIRCLE OF LIFE; briefly

I am connected to my family. Without each of them I could never reach my full potential. We are a unity and this is where my strength continues to come from. Staying connected gives me purpose. Our shared experiences nurture my unique strengths and also serves to help me recognize my weaknesses.

This union can be illustrated by the circle. The circle consists of a center, radii and a circumference. The circumference of the circle represents the place and time in which the family members are having their shared experiences. Just as the circumference of the circle cannot be complete without connecting its individual points together, each individual is a unique personality that completes the family. Look at the circle again. As each radius journeys outward along its own path together with the other radii, each remains firmly anchored by their common center. The radius of the circle represents the outward unique blossoming of each individuality as it grows out from a common center but along its own freely chosen path of development. Their continuing interaction at the circumference nurtures each's inner potential to its fullest and each goes forward in health and strength.

Each of us emerged from the same one center and sustains our personal growth by remaining anchored to the one center. Each one of us can best fully express his or her inner unique selves as body, mind and spirit through their shared experiences only while remaining grounded within the family circle.

No comments:

Post a Comment