Saturday, March 16, 2019

Mary Blog

Mary is my “Mary gives a 100%” ER Tech. 
There's something about Mary's work 
ethic (And what's not to love about Mary's 
work ethic. And what's not to love about 
Mary herself. And I am not just saying so 
because she loves my blogs ;). Mary, a 
Top Notch First Class Tech who should 
have been an RN (I respect Mary as a 
trusted colleague and I appreciate her 
always having my back in Saint Joseph's 
busy bustling ER). Mary is as smart as 
any Saint Joes ER nurse I know 
(including myself). She makes and continues 
to make (I have been repeatedly reminded) 
a difference to Saint Joseph’s Hospital, 
and every RN and the Docs she always ably 
lend her expert hands and sharp mind to. 
(It goes without saying she is always ready 
and able when it comes to helping 
out a fellow ER Tech. But Mary is careful 
not to be taken advantage of. And she'll let 
em know right away when she knows). And 
furthermore, Mary is selflessly patient 
and richly compassionate towards the patients. 
When she has a day off her absence is 
inescapably noticeable (I always look forward 
to Mary's return to my night shift). Us RN's 
are always looking to Mary for Aide and 
Comfort (pity she can't be in a dozen different 
places at once). She is very observant, 
anticipates needs and Mary is mindfully 
pro-active (I demand: “Mary get me this, 
do this, that and the other” and Mary has 
these needed items before I am done 
demanding them! And Mary performs 
all these duties professionally, exceeding 
all my expectations). Mary’s humble 
professional demeanor is quietly respected. 
Mary is forthright in her advocacy in the care 
of her patients, whether it be a wrong done 
by a housekeeper or a physician. Mary doesn’t 
take guff from anybody. But Mary would, 
always, in a quiet kind and patient manner, 
respectfully explain why she strongly suspects 
a wrong has been done, where it was 
done and advise on appropriate correctives. 
She is adamant about doing the right thing 
for the patient. 

I have written blogs about Eartha and Petrona 
(and a few about Dr. EZ). And I looked forward 
to her reading them (I am always anxiously 
awaiting Mary's first blog reads. And she's 
usually the first person to read most). I am 
always so flattered when Mary raves about 
my blogs (of course, she is not my “Fave” 
just because she loves my blogs). 

This is my first time penning a Mary Blog
Mary, I am hoping to have you rave about 
my “Mary Blog” as much as I loved watching 
and seeing you rave about most of my 
previous blogs. My only regret is not being 
in the ER enjoying watching you and seeing 
you rave about my Mary Blog!

Psst!! Dare show it off to the  ER Gang

No comments:

Post a Comment